5! : "I hate to turn out of the blue, uninvited" -Adele




5! is a super cool chronicle I just invented, basically because I needed to find a concept to explain why I chose an idea and turned it into five outfits. Does it makes sense ? meowdon'tknow..


NO MORE USELESS CHEET-CHAT, and let's spread the love. Well, almost.

As you must have read the title, the theme should be pretty obvious. Well, groofy dorks would think "whaaat?", normally people would whisper "Someone like you" and super-clever ones would yell "discussing fashion + this particular lyric of the song (color named in that sentence) = BLUE THEMED ARTICLE" ; and yes you are right.




Blue has never been my favorite color at all. I mean, I never used to have any clothes of that color until Monday, -yes, that day when I received my last online order. As my new lovely item is fully blue, I was stuck with the awful upheaval "how am I going to wear this ?", until I reached my computer and tried stuffs with my Stardoll wardrobe (-that's a good simulation device) to get used to that color. AND THERE WE GO !

So I picked up what looks like to be the perfect blue must-haves.
We chose plain blue dresses (this is challenging), blue accessories and some black items, to reduce the "pain in the eye" effect.







1. Hello everyday

Here is the kinda basic blue outfit I might wear on a random day. The blue pattern and the dark blue skirt makes the outfit very easy to have on, and the black accessories bring structure and edge (the cross necklace and the buckle shoes give a "out-of-line" style to break the blue's calm and relaxing aspect) to the whole set. Notice the little reminder : blue socks through the shoe's buckle.


what is worn :
Young Hollywood "Olivia woven silk blouse", YSL Tribute "Navy miniskirt", PPQ "Cornflower socks", 
Tingeling "Safety strap boots", Fallen Angel "Cross necklace" & DVF Tribute "Black foldover purse".



2. Incognito

Now, let's try to make the blue "less blue" with blue. Sounds weird ? well, I mean here : building up an outfit which is lovely and effortless, and also not so awfully blue. Picture this : you are a super-wanted person and you wish to spend some quiet times. Blue means the sea, the holidays, the sky, the plane, the peacefulness. I chose here to put different kinds of blue : bright for the dress, sky for the bag and baby-blue for the hat. The more lighten is the blue, the more peaceful you can feel. Well, that's how I see it. And always a touch of black to give structure.


what is worn :
Special Offer "Blue pieced knit dress" -H&M inspired, Riviera "Sky blue hat", 
Sonia Rykiel Tribute "Clear shoes", It Girls "Deep black sunnies" & It Girls "Blue saddle bag".



3. Arty TIME !

Let's try now with a difficult item : the plain blue arty dress. A plain color thing is already hard to assemble with other clothes, because it's strong and attracts the eye. Combined with an arty shaped dress, it gets worse. Arty often means unusual, and here we have a good example with that dress with ruffles on its side. That just signifies that you can wear such a dress, but nothing else or this is going to be a disaster (too much too much is never good). Hence the problem : thanks for the advice but what about the shoes and other accessories ? well, they can actually help wearing that dress. Well-chosen (yes, nothing but black -please) they tend to minimize the "too much" aspect of the dress : black tiny belt, black collar, black shoes, and so on. And now, it's just a pleasure to admire that beautiful blue dress !


what is worn :
Antidote "Side ruffle sheath", Anna Sui Tribute "Maxfield socks", Gucci Tribute "Black wishbone thin belt", 
Decades "Flapper collar" & "Northshore heels", & Window on the World "Jil Sander clutch".



4. Date

Now you wonder if such a bright color can be worn anytime. I mean like "Can I seriously wear blue for a job interview AND a night out ?". Obviously, the answer is YES. Although this color is often associated with peacefulness, we can easily notice the fun side of the color, used plain and bright. Therefore, worn as a lovely and short party dress, with a nice it-bag and a pair of pumps, will give self-confidence to the outfit (queeeeeeen ooooof the niiiiight !). Nevertheless, do not forget the black touch (chose to wear it on top or toes to surround/give structure to the outfit).


what is worn :
Sonia Rykiel Tribute "Quilted bubble dress", Antidote "Henri Matisse inspired heels", Basics "Basic black bra" 
& LE "North shore surf bag" -Jimmy Choo inspired.



5. La pointue

This outfit is the last, but not the less impressive. Blue is already a very punchy color (hence the fact that I tried to remind you how important it is to wear touches of black for the structure), so when you combine it with some arty outfit and some unusual matters, it can quickly be a huge NO. That's why I chose here to play with sheer matters and fabric and superposition and other super-risky stuffs, so your NO turns into a YES (or not, that's a matter of taste -I'm just trying you know). To get round that problem, I picked up just one sort of blue. I also played with the sheerness and the shortness of the outfit, and unstructured/blurred it with a huge ribbon belt. Finally, I added an it-bag (because "pointue" in french means sharp, but also clever -hence the Mulberry choice), and a BLACK ITEM (you know what I'm talking about).


what is worn :
Windows on the World "Sheer long tunic", Bonjour Bizou "High waist shorts", DKNY "Oversized bow belt", 
PPQ "T-Strap platforms" & It Girls "Purple purse".



That's all folks ! I hope this would be helpful, I actually don't claim to be an aesthete so please do not yell at me.. Anyway, I would love to hear your feedback about that or whatever you wanna say in the comment section below !



Oh, and here's the item of clothing I was talking about earlier :
Tu-Cool - Emma Mulholland




Take care,
your devoted Maurice/ Kickherout.











Comments