SPOTLIGHT : FM-style, cycle 10 & 11 - recap



Yes, you know what I'm talking about - and if you don't, well, you have no excuse (like I have no excuse for not posting anything since the last time I've talked about it !).
So, if you haven't done it yet, follow FM-style and check the Stylish Stardoll Sisters as a starter. You're done ? OK.
Let's do a little recap of what happened last cycle. I left you with my task 1 review of the 10th cycle ; spoiler alert : Marta-43 won (check her blog here, she's talented !). She's now one of FM-style's new judges, alongside our favorite sisters and a bunch of lovely people. AND I'm a contestant. Again. Yes. C:


This cycle is not a special one 
- but the tasks are still that challenging ! 
I haven't been posting about my outfits 
since I'm super lazy right now, 
but I'll sum it up for you.


Task one :
Blue jeans, white shirt
each time I see this written somewhere, I sing. It's automatic. 

I was so happy and confident : minimalistic, white, blue... what can go wrong ? well, EVERYTHING. Since you don't have to load a lot your outfit (exactly what I haven't done - bravo me. urgh), the tiniest of the details become the biggest. I'm in a wrapping mood ; which is not helpful at all - it's freezing here and my IRL self is dressed like Yoda. So I may have overlapped a little too much. AND, worst of all, the gold and silver duet. When I got the judges' feedback, it was the only thing that made me truly mad about my outfit. "Pay attention goddammit !" I said before punching me right in the face (lol).
But still, I was happy how it came out : the ribbon and the white shirt - classic Patti Smith here - gave a twist to the outfit, and that jeans - oh I love them, one of my favorites of all time !


I can't remember exactly what mark I got, but I was in the middle of the list.
My feeling : I can do better.



Task two :
Sweater weather
a.k.a. the imposed red turtleneck.

In this task, I had to use one piece : a red turtleneck. I wasn't happy or confident. I never use turtlenecks. I don't know why : I don't particularly hate them, but I just can't compose with them. Since my last task wasn't a success, I had to be wise. What does it remind me of ? Where am I most likely to see one of those ? Nouvelle vague, French sixties and seventies, Wes Anderson. That's a wrap ! So, helped by my doll's new wig (Alechave is the ultimate God of pixelated hair) that tremendously looks like Margot Tenenbaum's haircut, I got a lot of inspiration : it had to be simple, a little retro but still very modern, just like an emergency equation you can apply when you have to wear something you're not comfortable with.


Apparently, I did great ; the judges were pleased and I ended in the top 3 !
My feeling : that was a close shave !





That's all for now !
This time, I promise I'll post more about it :)

Cheers,
M.

Comments

  1. LOVE THIS! SO MUCH! LIKE REALLY REALLY REALLY, I LOVE IT A LOT! hahahah xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and you haven't seen what I'm preparing for task 3 yet :D

      Delete
  2. I definitely do not know where I have been losing my time without reading this! It's amazing! You're so funny! I'll surely be checking your blog daily now! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks and thanks and thanks ! I have a bunch of new ideas ;) but yours is perfect and so inspirational ! x

      Delete

Post a Comment